Since the centralisation of UDID, the application for a Disability Certificate and ID card, whether fresh or renewing the existing one, can be made online. Following steps are to be followed to obtain a Disability Certificate online.
Step 1 – Visit the UDID website https://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Register’ button and create an account on the UDID web portal
Step 3 – Fill in the required details such as personal details, disability details, employment details (if applicable), and identity details
Step 4 – Upload the required documents and submit.
Step 5 – Once you are registered, you will get the login credentials (enrolment number/UDID number) on your registered mobile number and email id
Step 6 – Login using this enrolment number/UDID number & date of birth and click on ‘Apply online for Disability Certificate’.
Step 7 – Upload the required documents and submit the data to the CMO Office/medical authority
Step 8 – The CMO office/medical authority then verifies the data and assigns the concerned specialist(s) for assessment
Step 9 – The specialist doctor will assess the disability of the candidates and accordingly give his/her opinion
Step 10 – The case is then reviewed by the medical board and a disability percentage is assigned
Step 11 – The disability certificate and UDID is generated by the CMO Office after which the UDID card will be dispatched to the disabled persons
Documents required to obtain a Disability Certificate
The scanned copies of few documents are required to be uploaded while applying for a Disability Certificate online through the UDID Portal. Some of these documents are as follows.
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Address proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Domicile Certificate, Voter ID, etc.)
- Income proof
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates only)
- Recent coloured photograph of the applicant
- Signature/thumbprint of the applicant (optional)
- Disability certificate (applicable for those individuals who already have already been issued a disability certificate by a competent authority)
Read Disability Certificate for Persons with Disabilities
Read Disability Certificate FAQs